header photo
randi gallant photography

5.6.10

Lyndsay + Andre ~ Engagement

Once upon a time,
a girl from Ontario and a boy from New Brunswick were on vacation in Cuba. They met at a gorgeous resort, fell in love and are engaged to be married!
Bouctouche Wedding Photography

Yes, you heard me right, this just does not happen in real life - does it?! Well, it did for this awesome couple. How did it happen?
One night just over 4 years ago, Andre found himself too awake to call it a night, he decided to say goodnight to his friends who were exhausted from the day and ventured out at the resort on his own. He met some new friends from Nova Scotia and eventually the night led him to Lyndsay. They hit it off so well, when they came home from vacation they both knew it was something worth pursuing. It just felt right. They both knew they saw "The One" in each other.
The rest, is history. Today marks the 4th anniversary of their official "we are a couple date" and their wedding will be in August at a fairytale worthy location; The Memramcook Institute.

As I drove back to our camp in Shediac from our shoot in Bouctouche I felt so lucky to do what I do and have such fantastic clients. The night started out at their friends Kristen and Denis' gorgeous home on the river.(I will be doing their wedding in 2011). After a quick bite to eat, Lyndsay, Andre and I headed over to Irving Park.
The cobblestone walls and floral grounds go on forever. The light was Incredible. I certainly wish I could shoot here every day!
Bouctouche Wedding Photography
Bouctouche Wedding Photography
During our shoot, Lyndsay was so excited. I remember her reminding Andre a few times during the evening: "These are our ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS Andre!".
Bouctouche Wedding Photography
I just love this quaint little church at Irving Park.
Bouctouche Wedding Photography
Ok guys, climb through the prickly sea grass and jump in the air, ok? :)
Bouctouche Wedding Photography
Off to the beach and the amazing Bouctouche Dunes boarwalk.
Bouctouche Wedding Photography
Bouctouche Wedding Photography

Not only are they such an awesome and very beautiful couple, they are a blast to hang out with, and I have no doubt their big day will be nothing less than amazing!
Lyndsay I hope my blog post is as great as you had hoped for and more. xo Randi

Lyndsay was so excited about her very own official blog post. She said, "Do we get one of those blog posts with nice stories you write for your other couples?" She was like a kid waiting for Christmas - super adorable. So I asked her if she wanted to write a little bit about HER side of her experience to add to her blog.
Here it is ;)...

_____________________________________________________________________________
Well, the time is creeping up on us. Soon enough it will be the big day! I thought I’d do a little write up on our engagement session with Randi. It certainly feels surreal when you finally meet up with your photographer to do that engagement session. I mean, what do you wear? Where do you go to take them? How should you pose? I’m not going to lie, I was nervous! Randi was great! She kept telling me that everything would be fantastic, and not to worry. She was right!

Randi not only is a wonderful, creative and dedicated photographer, she is a friend as well. There was never a time where we felt uncomfortable – funny thing is, is that I myself, felt like I’ve known her for years!?! She was never too busy to answer any of my questions/e-mails, regardless of how petty they may have been.

André and I were both very much at ease and we never felt too ‘posey’. I had told Randi that we were not interested in the ‘Sears Portrait’ style of photography - she just chuckled and said “that’s not my style!” … and, it isn’t. The session was fun, it really was! What I loved was that Randi snapped away and captured images of the two of us when we weren’t even expecting it – our laughter, our smiles and even our frowns as we made our way through prickly grass (hehehe!). She made everything feel so natural. André even joked and referred to us as “supermodels” to others passing by - “It’s tough being a supermodel!”, were his words to a nice couple passing by, as we were up to our shins in rigid Atlantic water … but hey, no one will know how cold that water really was!

The photos where Randi did ‘pose’ us came out natural as well. Me being the nervous one (André just rolled with the punches) kept saying “Should I be smiling? Should I be serious? Should I be grinning?” Randi’s advice …. Do what you feel is right! And you know what, doing just that made for great photos. It really did capture us a couple. We are so happy with our photos, they are beautiful! Looking at these pictures makes us smile, we know the fun we had and it truly shows. Our engagement photos will be lasting memories that we can look back on years down the road and for that we are extremely grateful!

Thank you Randi, for making this a wonderful experience!
Lyndsay
_____________________________________________________________________________


Bouctouche Wedding Photography

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At June 5, 2010 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These photos are phenominal, Randi! Lyndsay and Andre are certainly a special couple. It will be awesome to share their special day. Can you imagine how great their wedding shoot will be?!

 
At June 5, 2010 at 7:20 PM , Blogger natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Oh my word, Randi. These are absolutely STUNNING photos!! Great job!

 
At June 5, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the pictures are truly amazing... i don't know if I have ever really seen such nice engagement pictures. And the write up- AMAZING... Lyndsay, you and Dre make such a great couple, and you are supermodels :) Great job Randi, you are a wonderful photographer no doubt.
Jackie Deveaux

 
At June 5, 2010 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Browner said...

This is a beautiful picture.. kudos to the photographer.. and Lynds I'm so happy for you both.. all the best gurl!!

 
At June 6, 2010 at 2:59 AM , Anonymous Lyndsay said...

Thank you to everyone! We love the pictures and recommend Randi to everyone! She certainly made the day special ~ Can't wait for the wedding pictures! xoxo

 
At June 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM , Anonymous Amber said...

I love ALL of the pictures! They are stunning! You both look very natural and happy! Great work Randi!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home