header photo
randi gallant photography

15.8.09

Beverly & Ben ~ Wedding

I met Bev in fall of 2008 when she contacted me regarding wedding photography. She had been given my name from a good friend of mine, Sandra. I still remember the first day we met at Tim Horton's for her consult and a coffee (in my case, the usual Iced Cappuccino which I'm extremely addicted to!). We talked about her big day, and then the conversation led to other things, such as crocheting, dogs, and much more. It wasn't before long that we became friends and meeting up for a chat was a usual thing.

I started the day with the girls at the Amsterdam Inn in Quispamsis. This hotel just went up not to long ago and I am impressed with the lovely but Modern rooms they have to offer.


The bouquets were calla lilies - such a timeless and beautiful choice.

I was stoked when Bev told me she had HOT RED shoes to be married in! How fun!
It wasn't only girls in the room. Bev's son Patrick got to hang out with us as well. Sandi and I had fun putting the finishing touches on Bev’s daughter Amanda’s hair.

Pastor Greg Gray of the Hampton Baptist Church gave a lovely service with a personal touch full of real life advice for the Ben and Bev.



Bev was determined to have the "Fairytale Wedding". With her great love for animals - they also had to be included somehow in her big day. What better way to combine the two than a White Dove Release and a Horse drawn carriage ride? Thanks to Phillip Yang at Wings & Wishes White Doves for these beautiful Doves!


I couldn't resist posting this one. The horse Buddy's face here pretty much sums up his thoughts on holding still for a photo! :)

This is one of my favourites!

Of course I take into account not every set of groomsmen want to jump up and down in their suits. I decided to try my luck on this crowd. Bev's Brother Barry on the end wasn't keen on the idea but gladly stuck his hand up in the air to somewhat mimic the jumping motion? At least I think that was what he was doing. For the record, he did jump the second time ;) Thank you Barry! And Ben, I would give you the prize for most excited look on your face! Priceless!


We let the boys head to the reception - less Ben of course. I asked the girls to hike their dresses up - since Bev was wearing super hot red shoes I though it would be fun. It was!

Since the sun was out mid-afternoon full force, I decided to have some fun with it. I like to try different angles and play with settings. I really love how these turned out!

MORE red shoes! Can you tell I'm in love? How many times do I get to shoot red shoes at a wedding? Uh, never?

So romantic ...

When Bev laughs, her nose crinkles up, just like this. I love these shots.

More shoe fun and then we headed over to the reception for a quick visit.

I took a few photos of the cake before I left. How beautiful is this? Thanks to Sharon Hoyt for her talent on creating this masterpiece! One of my fav's for sure!

They had a few special visitors to their wedding, one being a milestone age of 90 years old! I had the two little ladies give Ben some love for a photo!

To my friends Bev and Ben, I hope your wedding day was all you dreamed of and more. I wish you all the best in the future and many more fairytale endings ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Bev said...

OH RANDI! What more could a bride ask for than someone as talented and fun to work with as you! Thanks to you we not only have "wedding photos" we have works of art and visual memories of the real, true, honest moments.. love you my friend!!

 
At August 15, 2009 at 11:07 PM , Anonymous PW said...

Another fabulous wedding story captured by RGP! A great post! I love the last picture! So sweet!!! Two more weeks until we work it together. Can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home