header photo
randi gallant photography

3.8.09

Sisters ~ The Horse Quest

Sometimes things get so busy that we forget to take time for the little things in life and spend time with those we love. My sister Samantha and I share a great love for horses. I used to ride back when I was younger and compete in English Shows for jumping and dressage. It all seems so long ago now and I can not remember the last time I went riding. So this past weekend we decided to do the next best thing and go on a photographic tour of some local stables just for fun.

Our first stop was around the corner from Hammond River. This little donkey was adorable and very curious about what we were doing on his field.

Then we went across the railroad tracks where the newer stables are. Beautiful horses and pastures for sure! I’ve always envied this location and imagined my own house here someday.


Next we headed to Meenans Cove area to visit the horses on the side of the road. The sun was just going down and it was beautiful. I just love the flare in some of these images.


In the same field was my friend Sandra’s horse Dusty. I had told Sandra I would stop by sometime and take a few shots of him, so that was what we did! He’s a stunning horse. Samantha shouted when she saw him – “OMG he’s like the black beauty horse!” with excitement. I could tell we would be here for a while which was certainly fine with me. He was a little dirty, but that just means he was having fun :)

A Harley drove by and set him off. He pranced around the field and gave us quite the show!

Some beautiful shots Samantha took.

He is a brave little guy and seems to like to push his limits with the fencing below! I did tell his mom later that day what he was up to – I sure hope he gets a talking to. And a puff-ball photo too, because I have an obsession with capturing them!

Next stop, Rockwood Park Stables.


Sam captured some detail of the tack after a few of the horses came in from a trail ride.


I think we were disturbing this guy – certainly looks like he was up to something!

Headed over to Red Head and captured a few horses there. I love the long grass and fields there. This was one of my fav’s as the sun was going down.

Lastly we headed over to Saunders Wood mill. Our father is good friends with the owner Dave and Sam has helped around the barn here on occasion. This bunch couldn’t look happier while standing in a pile of mud! :)

A few creative shots, through the bricks and from the road looking up at the moon. A beautiful way to end the evening.

Sam learned a few things about photography and captured some really great shots! {she has also now caught the photography bug! You're welcome Mom! lol} Most importantly we both had a blast and I hope to do it again soon!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous PW said...

It's always great to get out and horse around. :) Great images. Looks like your sister has a great eye for photography too!

 
At August 11, 2009 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

thanks for stopping by dusty! great shots as always!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home