header photo
randi gallant photography

5.8.10

A mother, a friend, a beautiful woman.

As I sat down this evening ready to work on some client galleries, I noticed Jess's heartbreaking news that her mother Brenda had passed away suddenly yesterday. I was at a loss for words and so sad for Jessica, Tim and their wonderful family that I had the privilege of spending their wedding day with last year.

I remember the day clearly. It down poured when I arrived at the Naish house for bridal prep session but everyone was in good spirits in anticipation of the day ahead. Jess's mother hand made her wedding dress as a gift to her. It was so beautiful and you could tell that love was delicately sewn with every loop of her thread. She was proud but modest about her creation for her daughter. I remember Jess telling me before the wedding that she would really love some images of her and her mother, as she usually hid from the camera. I am glad they have these and I am sure they will be cherished forever.
"we don't have many photos of her as she always hid from the camera, and the photos you took of her at our wedding last year really capture her happiness and beauty."
Saint John Wedding Photography


Jessica, My heart goes out to you and your family. I feel so lucky to have met your mother and to have been part of your wedding day.

It is moments like this that remind me of how fragile life is and to appreciate those important to me every day. As much as it is easy to get wrapped up in the romance, the fashion and beautiful images taken on my clients' wedding day, I know that each photograph I take will be an eternal memory of that person someday. To remember their beauty, their life, the moments shared. What an honor. Hug the people you love and appreciate them for as long as they live.

Saint John Wedding Photography

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At August 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Penny said...

Beautiful Randi! These are images they'll cherish forever!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randi, Thank you so much for this wonderful tribute to a great lady! We are all going to miss her SO very much. Thank you for capturing the memories we will cherish forever in a way that you do so very well.
~Angie Naish

 
At August 5, 2010 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous Tim Lingley said...

Randi

Thank you. This really means a lot to me that you were able to put together this gallery. Jess and I both deeply appreciate that you have gone above and beyond to make our day the fantastic occasion that it was. We need more people like you in the world. :)

Tim Lingley

 
At August 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Chris Naish said...

Randi,

These are beautiful pics, Randi! Thank you so much for posting this tribute to Mom, this means a lot to us as we continue to grieve. Thank you for being the best at what you do.

Chris Naish

 
At August 8, 2010 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a breathe taking page, to know that there are still people out there that would do something like this. Thank you very much for capturing pictures of my aunt with such beauty.

Erin Currie

 
At August 8, 2010 at 11:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful pictures to treasure always!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Anonymous Michelle said...

I remember seeing their wedding pictures on your blog. Randi, it's so nice that you took those beautiful photos which captured the happy life she has lived, and I am sure her beautiful spirit will stay with Jessica and her family forever. So nice of you putting on this blog, Randi.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home