header photo
randi gallant photography

5.9.09

Willow & Copper ~ Portrait

I didn't have far to go for Wednesday's shoot. Sarah, Willow and their dog Copper live just around the corner from me!
When I arrived Sarah greeted me with her kind smile and gorgeous blue eyes. Willow was fast asleep in her burgundy baby sling and draped around her mom. Unfortunately her hubby Joe was out of town this week, so he could not take part in the photos this time. She wanted the shoot to be all about Willow but I insisted she step in for just a few shots! Sarah had discovered my work through Nicole & Tim’s Wedding photos and had known Nicole from teaching with her a while back at the same school.

We chatted about many things, one of which was her "vintage chandeliers" that came with the house but didn't really match her modern decor. Hopefully I have convinced her to hand them over to me when she decides on new ones! They would look so sweet in my studio!

We started out by putting little Willow in the sage green papasan chair. Babies always make so many cute faces ~ I just love this one!

Sarah said she has her daddy's long toes ~ so cute!

Simply beautiful...

I love the colors in this one.

We headed out to the backyard for a bit. I didn't plan on outside images, since Willow was just a few weeks old so it was mid-day and the sun was out full force. Sarah helped me block the sun with a foam tile her hubby had in the garage and we got some cute shots. We used the adorable basket I purchased last week - my husband actually chose this one, I love the texture ~ great job Marc ;)


We tried to get a few images with Willow and Copper together, but since Copper moves pretty quickly we figured it would be best not to try anything risky. It is a shame though, I could totally picture Willow curled up in Copper's luxuriously soft fur! Maybe when she's a little older, but now she's just too delicate!

Copper is such a sweet dog ~ so gentle and her sweet brown eyes just make you melt. I've already warned Sarah that if I feel the need for a 4th dog of my own I may dognap her!

Sarah I hope you enjoyed your preview, and Nicole thank you for the wonderful referral ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home