header photo
randi gallant photography

4.10.09

Yvonne & Brian ~ Wedding

Busy does not even describe my workload right now... more like a teeny bit overwhelmed! lol I love it though, business is GOOD and I have so many wonderful clients! Since Yvonne and Brian have waited so patiently an entire week for their official wedding preview, I am going to bombard you with images! I just could not choose as there are so many great ones I love that represent their day that I felt I should share.

It was a beautiful sunny day and I was excited for the wedding to begin. Yvonne and Brian are not only a very sweet couple, they chose such beautiful locations for their special day. My assistant Jessica and I started out at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. Words simply can not describe the beauty of this amazing Church. Stained glass, incredible architecture and fine detail everywhere you look. Since we were there an hour before the ceremony started, I took so many images of the church itself but here are a few of my favourites.
Wedding Photography Saint John NB
Wedding
While waiting for the girls to arrive, I caught a glimpse of little Megan, the flower girl, twirling through the doorway. The Groomsmen awaited guests to seat at the front door.

After all of the guests had been seated, the bridal party waited upfront as the beautiful Yvonne and her father walked down the isle. I love the look on Brian's face as he sees his bride for the first time.

Oliver and Megan were the most adorable flower girl/ring bearer combo I've ever seen! Those curls! Oh my goodness!


After I captured stunning shots from every angle of their beautiful ceremony, everyone headed out to the entrance so family and guests could congratulate the new couple. I stole Yvonne's beautiful Bouquet for a few minutes to get this shot.

After all of the guests had gone, I convinced Yvonne and Brian to come back into the church for a few quiet moments before heading to the park for portraits. Why you ask? Because I had this shot in mind. :)
Wedding Saint John Marina

Off to Rockwood Park we went. As always, I took care of the family and group shots first. It was quite cold out so we tried what everyone could bare before heading off. I must say everyone did quite well considering the frigid weather! Yvonne's sisters asked me if they could have a picture done while beating their lovely sister with their bouquets! Of course I said sure if Yvonne allows it! LOL The guys were quite the gentlemen and they held the bouquets for the ladies. I love the contrast between the green and vivid colors in their girls' bouquets.

Little Oliver!!! Just too cute :)

Wedding Photography Saint John NB

The green accent in Yvonne's beautiful gown complimented her stunning red hair perfectly.

These two were so sweet, you could just feel the love between them and I had no trouble getting them to participate in lots of smooching action!

The reception and dance were held at the Saint John Marina. I had never been there before but it turned out to be a great spot with a great view of the sunset as it descended into the horizon.

The cake was very cute with purple grapes and fall foliage that looked like it had just fallen naturally onto the three tiers. Dinner was had, games were played, wine was sipped and laughs were all around us.

A few moments shared during the first dance...

I must say, I do love these images! The enthusiasm of the guests, the colors, the mood. Hmm... Can you guess what they were all dancing to?


Yvonne and Brian, thank you for having me capture your big day. I know that with love like yours you will have many happy years ahead of you. ...And hopefully little ones of your own as cute as Oliver and Megan ;)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM , Blogger PennyWolfe said...

A wonderful story told through pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home