header photo
randi gallant photography

17.9.09

Little trip to Boston, MA

Last weekend we made a trip to visit some friends in Boston and see a Red Sox game. I won't get into my husband's obsession with the Red Sox as it would take a few pages I'm sure, but let's just say he was *kid in a candy store happy*! On the way through Maine we saw a moose which was pretty far away but right in the vicinity of the "Moose Crossing" sign! I thought it was cute and worth taking my camera out for a minute.

I knew our trip back to Boston would be awesome, but Sarah and Eric made it one of the best yet! From the moment we arrived up at their beautiful new house they were beyond kind and hospitable! We were floored when we found the guest room all decked out in Boston Red Sox memorabilia and they even had chocolate baseball glove & ball favours on our pillows! On the dresser was new toys for the dogs (A red shoe and purse for the girls and a wrench for Fenway, so cute!)
Friday night's dinner was beyond delicious! A sirloin roast from Trader Joe's (which we later went to and stocked up on a few to take home), BBQ chicken, yummy potatoes and corn on the cob. I didn't think the meal could get any better, when Sarah brought out the triple chocolate cake - Oh my!
They also had an adorable gift bag for my Birthday present which was earlier last week... inside was my very own Red Sox hat and a donation she had made to Boston Terrier Rescue. I just love these guys! So thoughtful!

Saturday morning we headed out to a nearby park for a walk with the pups. Found some beautiful spots and did a few impromptu photo shoots.
The photo to the right is my husband Marc. One of the many reasons he is so great, just look at him with my camera gear on his back, and taking care of our girls while I'm busy shooting, so cute!

Then there is their dog Spike. Oh my goodness! He is just the cutest thing ever.


Here is a quick one with our girls and Spike being walked by their Dad's!

Saturday night we went to the Red Sox Game @ Fenway. Unfortunately it rained - A lot. We waited almost 2 hours for the game to start, then they played 5 innings, and the remainder got rained out. Oh well, at least the Sox won 9-1! I didn't take many photos of the game itself, simply because we already have hundreds (or maybe thousands! from previous games, but I did capture this one of Sarah and Eric. We were walking around waiting for the game to start (or not start) and I saw the light coming in from the field. Something different.

Sunday we decided to go to Cambridge and roam around Harvard Grounds. It's one of the places I have not been yet and I'm glad we went. Cambridge is full of beautiful architecture and endless photo op locations. I would love to do wedding photography there!



Sweet little family ;)

Sarah and Eric, thank you for the wonderful visit. I cannot express our gratitude enough for making our visit so great and we cannot wait to go back!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 18, 2009 at 7:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

More wonderful pics Randi. You're so right about the architecture. Love that pic you captured of them holding hands at the stadium.

 
At September 18, 2009 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Sarah S said...

Randi,

You are amazing. We love the pictures and LOVED having you all come visit. You are welcome ANY TIME.

Spike still whines about missing the girls. :o)

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

~Sarah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home