header photo
randi gallant photography

27.11.09

November 11th

I have finally got Weddings wrapped up for the year but still working through the oodles of portrait sessions this fall has brought me. I think it's important to show a little bit of my life on this blog so here is a little something ;)

Like every year, on November 11th we went to see Grandpa participate in the parade and Remembrance day ceremonies in East Saint John. Afterwards we always go back to his place for a chat and sometimes lunch too. When we arrived Marc, Sam and I did the usual race up the stairwell in his apartment building and got to his door first. Unlocked the door, scared the cats away ~ I swear they think I am bringing the dogs with me everytime and hide... quite frankly, I don't blame them! Bostons are a pain! lol A few minutes later Grandpa came strolling along the hallway and in through the door. I asked him to wait before he took his spiffy clothes and medals off as I wanted to grab a few shots of him. After mentioning my plan to head down to the garden area outside, I got "the look"... and quickly came up with a new plan! Let's head out to the balcony, it will do!
He served in WW2 and the Korean War and ranked pretty much every level you could in the Army. He is an amazingly brave person with a very kind and generous soul. He's also got a heck of a sense of humor too!
Without further ado... My Grandpa

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 27, 2009 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

Amazing!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home